RDS: DO NOT ALLOW CLIPBOARD REDIRECTION- THE POLICY SETTINGS
The “Do not allow Clipboard redirection” setting specifies whether to prevent the sharing of clipboard contents (clipboard redirection) between a remote computer and a client computer during a Remote Desktop Services session.
You can use this setting to prevent users from redirecting clipboard data to and from the remote computer and the local computer.
*If the status is set to Enabled, users cannot redirect clipboard data.
*When Disabled, Remote Desktop Services always allows clipboard redirection (this is the default behaviour).
*If the status is set to Not Configured, clipboard redirection is not specified at the Group Policy level. However, an administrator can still disable clipboard redirection using the Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration tool.
HOW TO CONFIGURE:
Windows 2016 server:
In Windows 2016, these settings are controlled within Group Policy.
- Launch “msc“.
- Navigate to “Computer Configuration” > “Administrative Templates” > “Windows Components” > “Remote Desktop Services” > “Remote Desktop Session Host“.
- Ensure “Do not allow Clipboard redirection” is set to “Enabled“.
Windows 2012 server:
- Open “Server Manager“.
- Select “Remote Desktop” Services.
- Select “Collections“.
- Select “Tasks“, then choose “Edit Properties“.
- Under the “Client Settings” tab, ensure the “Clipboard” and “Drive” are disabled.
Windows 2008 server:
- Launch “Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration” from the server.
- Under “Connections“, right-click the connection and select “Properties“.
- Select the “Client Settings” tab, and make sure the “Clipboard” box is checked. If you don’t want to allow copying and pasting of files, make sure the Drive selection is checked. Click OK when done.